Utah County Agriculture Inspection

Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Closed for Lunch


Utah County Agriculture Inspection

The Agriculture Inspection Agency is a Utah state consumer protection agency which works in cooperation with Utah County for the benefit of Utah County citizens who use agricultural and food related products. Agriculture Inspection helps protect public health and safety as well as agricultural markets by assuring consumers of clean, safe, wholesome, properly labeled and measured or weighed products by providing inspection, licensing, product registration and certification programs.

With a variety of programs, Agriculture Inspection works to protect, conserve and enhance Utah's agricultural and natural resources.

Please call 801-851-7792, 801-851-7793 or 801-851-7794 to schedule an appointment for Pesticide Testing.

Agriculture Inspection Services

The following services are available through the Utah County Agriculture Inspection Office. For detailed information about each service, visit the Utah State Department of Agriculture website.

Pesticide Registration and Pesticide Program

The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food regulates the registration and use of pesticides in Utah and is also the lead state agency for pesticide use enforcement under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). Programs include the Worker Protection Program, Endangered Species Program, Ground Water/Pesticide Protection Program, Certification Program, and Pesticide Use Enforcement. The UDAF also monitors the registration and disposal of pesticides in Utah.

Pesticide License Types:
  1. Commercial - For those applying any pesticide for hire.
  2. Non-Commercial - For those applying restricted use pesticide for their employer only. (Eg. UDOT, college grounds, city parks, Mosquito Abatement, etc.)
  3. Private - For farmers applying restricted chemicals on their own crops.
License Cost :
  • $35 - One year commercial license
  • $65 - Three year commercial license
  • $20 - Three year non-commercial or private license
Procedures for acquiring a license :
  • Come to the Agriculture Inspection Office for books and tests.
  • After studying, call for an appointment for testing.
  • Bring payment at the time of testing.
  • You are allowed three (3) tries testing before additional money is required.
How to dispose of unwanted pesticide :

Pesticides that are restricted must be disposed of through a program offered by the Utah Department of Agriculture & Food (UDAF) or call Safety Clean (801) 252-2022 in Tooele, Utah, for information if no program is offered. For unrestricted pesticides, follow label disposal directions or call a local Waste Management Company for instructions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do we get information regarding gardening, canning, sewing, etc?

For these type of questions go to Extension Services department website. You can look around or click on their "Contact Us" link.

Agriculture Inspection Contacts

Sherrie Jorgensen

Darrell Cook
Plant Quality Compliance Specialist

Rich Riding
Agriculture Inspector