When are you open?
- We are open Monday through Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm
What is your jurisdiction?
- All areas within the borders of Utah County that are not within the limits of an incorporated city or town.
When does the Utah County Planning Commission hold their scheduled agenda meeting?
- The third (3rd) Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in Room 1400, County Administration Building, 100 East Center Street, Provo, Utah.
When does the Utah County Board of Adjustment hold their scheduled agenda meeting?
- The first (1st) Thursday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in Room 1400, County Administration Building, 100 East Center Street, Provo, Utah.
How do I find the most up to date Utah County Land Use Ordinance?
When do I need to get a building permit?
- All structures and construction require a permit to be issued; some may not require a fee, but a permit is required.
Where are your offices located?
- 51 S University Ave., Suite 117,
Provo, UT 84601
Do I need a permit?
- Utah County including Utah State Law,
requires a permit for all
buildings, structures, and
construction related activities. (Some
exemptions may apply. Contact the
How much does a permit cost?
How long does it take to get a permit?
- Usually allow 14 working days.
What are the required setbacks?
- Varies per Zone & structure type. Most
areas within the county have a 30 foot
front setback and a 15 foot side &
rear setback from property line to the
building/structure. Contact Planning
and Zoning for specifics.
Is engineering required?
- Engineering requirements varies per
project. It is typically required
based on many factors including but
not limited to Utah Code, Building
Code, Snow Loads, or other design
What is the design criteria for Utah
Does Utah County issue building permits for projects within city limits.
- No, Utah County's jurisdiction only covers areas outside of city boundaries.
What is the snow load in Utah County.
- The snow load varies within the County.
Please refer to the Governing Codes,
Regulations, & Design Criteria section
What must be completed for me to get a
final inspection and gain approval to
move into my home.
- All required inspections for the project
must be completed and approved along
with sign offs from all applicable
What are the required inspections for my project?
- Please refer to the Required Inspections
What is the difference between a free agricultural permit and a regular building permit?
- Free agricultural permits are for structures used solely for agricultural purposes like hay barns, cattle shelters, horse barns, tractor sheds, etc, that are located on land used for agricultural purposes. These structures cannot be used for personal belongings like lawn mowers, boats, RV's, personal vehicles, shops, etc.