It's easy to become a Gold Medal School!!!
Most of the schools report that they are doing most, if not all, of the Bronze criteria already, including:
- A policy requiring 90 minutes of structured physical activity each week
- Teach the Health Education Core Curriculum
- Establish a Gold Medal Mile around school grounds with a goal for student participation
- A policy promoting Safe Routes to School
- A policy mandating a Tobacco-Free School
- Complete the Utah School Heart Health Surveys
Just for completing these criteria your school will earn $200 to be used for physical activity, nutrition, or tobacco prevention resources.
You can achieve just the Bronze level, or move onto any of the other levels and earn more $ at each level... It's up to you!
Student from Orem Elementary