CHEC (Child Health Evaluation and Care) is a special benefit for children on Medicaid. CHEC is about keeping children healthy. Anyone from birth through age 20 on Traditional Medicaid (purple card) can get CHEC covered services.
Regular checkups help keep your children healthy. Some problems start before your child looks or feels sick. With routine checkups, your doctor can find and treat these problems before they become serious.
CHEC SERVICES INCLUDE:
- eating habits
- eyesight and hearing exam
- lead screening
- growth and development check.
- Immunizations to keep your child healthy.
- Dental check-ups
- complete exam and cleaning twice a year
- fluoride treatment and sealants
- Follow-up treatment and care if a health problem is found during a CHEC exam.
- Children may receive benefits that are usually not covered by Medicaid.
COMMUNITY RESOURCE LINKS
FOR ASSISTANCE WITH MEDICAID BENEFITS/ELIGIBILITY/PROVIDER SELECTION
DWS (Department of Workforce Services)