The program is dedicated to assisting children who are healing from past trauma. Mentors provide a genuine friendship to the child, connect children and families with available community resources, and provide support in the court process, if necessary.
When children are on site for interviews or exams, they cannot be left alone while the parents are speaking with providers or the investigative team. We rely on community volunteers to play and talk with children who are here for interviews and medical exams.
- Participate in 40 hours of training.
- Submit to three different background checks.
- Trainings are available in February, May and September. Everyone is welcome! We are especially in need of Spanish and Portuguese speakers.
- Spend meaningful time with children for 1 - 2 hours a week.
- Commit to be a mentor for at least 6 months.
If you are interested in being assigned a mentor for your child please contact:
Gabriela Hall (Spanish Speaking)